Welcome to the Fishbourne Flat Fives website, The Fishbourne Flat Five 2014 is scheduled to be run on Sunday 1st June 2014 at 10am
ONLINE ENTRY and POSTAL FORMS are now available – Click the Entry Forms and Maps link above
The Fishbourne Flat Five is one of the most picturesque, scenic and flat cross country races on the south coast for runners and walkers.
The race is held in Memory of Beckie and Lucy Hassell who were tragically killed in a car accident in October 2005.
Please sign up below to our newsletter to get the latest information on this years race and the results afterwards.
Online Entry is available this year as we strive to cut down on paperwork ! We will be using PayPal for electronic payment (Paypal, or any Credit/Debit Card), although you can still enter the old fashioned way by post!
This years beneficiary will be Friends of Fishbourne School (FOFS) which is the fundraising arm of Fishbourne CE Primary School,FOFS comprises of a committee of school parents and teachers that raise money for much needed resources.
FOFS are currently looking to purchase a multi-tiered staging area. This will not only benefit over 200 children now but for many generations to come. The stage gets used many times a year for assemblies, shows, performances and exhibitions.
FOFS need to raise a few thousand pounds for equipment such as this so are delighted that Fishbourne CE Primary School are to be the beneficiaries of this year’s Fishbourne Flat Five therefore please support us by participating in the event, in any way you feel you can. You can walk or, if over 17, run. We’d love you to collect sponsors too or if you prefer, you could make a donation.
Just as importantly, FOFS need help and assistance to assist the Fishbourne Flat Five in running the event, so if you or anyone you know can spare some time either in advance or on the day itself, please let us know. You can help out in the following ways:
· Pre-event administration (eg assisting the committee with co-ordinating helpers)
· Marshalling (eg car parking, race, walk)
· Taking photos around the event
· Organising and running a Key Stage 1 and pre-school quiz
· Making/buying and serving teas, coffees, juice and cakes at the school at the end of event
· Helping out on the start desk (eg handing out runners numbers, taking entry money and forms from people who enter on the day)
· Helping out on the walk finish line (eg handing out certificates and medals and lots of cheering!)
· Manning water stations around the route
· Sponsorship (eg water, children’s medals and certificates)
This really is a wonderful opportunity for the whole community to come together and a very exciting prospect that is made even more special by the fact that the children themselves would play a very big part in helping to ensure that the legacy of Beckie and Lucy will long continue.
So please, if you can help in any way, or you would like to know more, FOFS would love to hear from you. Please if you wish to help with any of the above.
The fishbourneflatfive team